Dear Living Springs Lutheran Church CDC Families,
We hope you all are doing well and are finding a path through these surreal times. Please know your teachers miss you and pray for the day we can all be back together. This is an uncertain period in our lives, as we hear daily reports of the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. We are taking it day by day and following our government’s directive to remain at home. We are prayerful these actions will help flatten the curve, help keep your children safe, and keep our health systems from being overwhelmed.
I know that many of you have questions about how the next few weeks will progress, and I hope the following helps to answer any questions you may have.
- After much thought and prayerful consideration, the LSLC-CDC Board determined that the Center will remain closed through April 30th (although we will continue to re-evaluate to determine if an earlier re-opening date is feasible).
- We are currently paying our dedicated staff at full salary. This ensures our wonderful caregivers will be ready to return when we reopen. Our March tuition fees were sufficient for us to do this through March 31.
- Moving forward, families are asked to pay 50% of April tuition, as cost-sharing, so that we can continue to pay our teachers full salary through the end of April. To help pay our staff any families that wish to pay more than 50% are welcome to do so.
- Tuition checks may be mailed to Living Springs CDC, 4224 Hardscrabble Rd., Columbia SC 29223. The Living Springs GIVELIFY app is also available if you must use a card.
- Beginning the middle of next week, staff will post lessons/focus points so that families, students, and staff can stay connected. Pastor Eric and staff will post a weekly chapel (one already posted this week). Deacon Justin will also post music times.
- Additional information will be forthcoming about how our LSLC-CDC staff and families can stay connected until we are together again. We are exploring the possibility of some on-line class experiences, utilizing Zoom or Google Hangout.
Many of you have reached out to check in with us. Your emails and calls are most appreciated. Please feel free to reach out via Remind or email with prayer requests, concerns, or any needs that you (or others you know) may have.
I have included the link to our Living Springs Lutheran Church YouTube and Facebook pages.
There you will find daily-themed posts and streaming for: Sacred Sundays (10am Worship), Matthew Mondays (11am), Thoughtful Tuesdays (11am), Worship Wednesdays (6:30pm), Thankful Thursdays (11am), and No Fear Fridays (11am). You can post photos, updates, and stay connected with the daily ministry.
LSLC YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4a1D56ol8Z7QSkKn5H4xbg
LSLC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/livingspringscolumbia/
Although things may not look the same, we are still here for you. The love, dedication, and ministry that defines LSLC-CDC continues to shine in each of you. We look forward to seeing you as soon as safely possible! Continued prayers for health and safety.
Wishing you well, Tammy