Dear L.S.L.C.C.D.C. Families,
The Living Springs Lutheran Church Child Development Center remains committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our students and staff.
In light of concerns regarding the COVID-19 Virus, we wanted to reiterate the measures that our CDC takes to control the spread of disease, such as, but not limited to:
- Washing hands with soap and water often and for a minimum of 20 seconds– students, staff (and families) upon entering a classroom, prior to and after meals/snacks, following bathroom use or diaper changes, wiping/blowing noses, and other times when appropriate.
- Wiping and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, countertops, tables, chairs, toys, etc.
- Staff and students (to the extent possible) covering coughs and sneezes appropriately, and washing hands immediately following.
- Staff and students staying home when they are sick and taking enough time to fully recover before returning to school.
- Contacting parents to promptly pick up their child when they become sick at school. We will separate sick students from well students until they can be picked up.
- Monitoring absenteeism of students and staff and sharing any large increase (of illnesses confirmed by health care workers) with families and health officials.
How can Families help?
Keeping children healthy and safe is our priority and we recommend these simple steps from the CDC guidelines for preventing the spread of germs and illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time you have crossed a threshold (such as entering into a new classroom, coming in from outside the building at arrival, drop off or playground).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover coughs and sneezes appropriately.
- Please keep children who are sick at home. The CDC recommends that those who are ill should stay home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone (without the use of fever-reducing medicine), as outlined in our parent handbook.
We thank you for entrusting your children to our care and together we can work to maintain a healthy environment for our students and staff. Do not hesitate to talk with me if you have any questions or concerns.
Tammy Mancuso, Director