Good evening staff,
I pray that this letter finds you doing well and staying healthy. I apologize for the delay in this message. I have tried to reach out to each staff member individually today (but did have about 3 hours without power due to the storms). As we continue to learn new things about our current state of affairs, I wanted to let you know that there have been a few changes to the staff assignments for this week. As Pastor and I discern the best way to keep everyone safe while dealing with the COVID-19 quarantine we are still asking staff to split the in-service days.
Please see the list below for the day and area that you have been assigned. It is our expectation that with tasks clearly defined, all staff will be able to utilize their time in the most efficient way. Please plan to work alone in your rooms, as we are following the “Less than 10” recommendation and practicing social distancing. This is our way of doing our part in keeping everyone safe.
Staff workday: 730 to 430 with a one-hour lunch. Many local restaurants are closed for indoor seating, so you may want to plan to bring your own lunch.
This is a somewhat modifies schedule. I would LOVE to have all of our Staff Family in THE SAME PALCE at THE SAME TIME, but since we can not do that at this time, we are mixing things up a bit. ALL STAFF: please come prepared to be on camera! You may be reading to your class, giving a tour of the classroom, doing a lesson, song, or a hello, but ALL staff will be expected to be in front of the camera and making connections with their families and children. Connections are the one of the most important things we can do for another right now 😉 Let’s continue to show our children and families HOW MUCH WE CARE!!
Wednesday staff: 3/25/2020 *All staff will be doing online training as well
- Tammy/ Organize office/upfront area/overseeing cleaning/ assisting where needed/ video of staff reading stories, share lessons personal messages to their families and classrooms/make family connections.
- Cindy/assist with making family connections (from home due to recovery).
- April/ ASC clean-up /notecards to class/ class hello video/lesson
- Chelsie/ Backyard/ finish clean-up/set-up/class hello video training/assist with chapel.
- Britany/ Forest Friends finish clean-up/set-up/class hello video/note cards to families
- Jory/ Rainforest clean up/ note cards to class/ class hello video/lesson
- Daneequa/ Farm Friends finish clean up / assist with chapel/ class hello video/lesson
- Angela/ Jungle finish clean-up/set-up/class hello video
Thursday staff: 3/26/2020 *All staff will be doing online training as well
- Asia/ Organize upfront and overseeing cleaning/ assisting where needed, pass out training requirements to staff/ assist London with video of staff reading stories, share lessons personal messages to their families and classrooms- upload to YouTube/website.
- London/ Photos/video of staff reading stories, share lessons personal messages to their families and classrooms.
- Shanice/ Mother Goose finish clean-up/set-up/class hello video/note cards to families
- Brittany/ outside toys/ equipment /surfaces- should be complete just double-check/finish building reading nook for Jumping Jungle and ASC rooms
- Karin/ Lounge/ finish clean-up/set-up/class hello video/note cards to families
- Adriana/Lounge assistance/ general wipe down (doors and handles) assist Jeff and Karin with packing backpacks upstairs. (doors and handles, common areas).
- Tanyua/ note cards to class/ general wipe down (doors and handles, common areas).
I would really like to see this time together as a way to continue to come together as a Staff Family. If you have books, games, puzzles, magazines, song lists or anything else that you would like to share with staff, allow them to borrow and or swap please feel free to bring it in and we can share! If you have extra supplies to share or are in need please feel free to reach out and we will be certain that we do OUR BEST to meet your needs!
*If you have a need to repair or an item that requires Mr. Jim’s attention please leave a note and I will pass it on (I am not certain when he will be by, but I will do my best to make certain he gets any requests).
* If you have a prayer request please feel free to leave that with me as well and I will be certain it gets to Pastor Eric and our prayer ministry.
What to clean: ALL ITEMS/SURFACES in EACH ROOM
- Hard Toys and buckets holding the toys
- Soft toys and the buckets holding them
- All tables
- All shelves
- All Cubbies
- All Mats (play and nap)
- And toys
- Anywhere that we hold toys/ activities/ books
- All books should be sanitized
- Floors swept and sanitized
- Mats should be picked up and sanitized
- We can also use this time to go through and clean out/sanitize and reorganize cabinets
How to clean:
- For all hard toys please use the three-bucket (wash/ rinse /sanitize) system you are using everyday
- Clean all items with Hot soapy water
- Rinse off the soap from surfaces with plain hot water.
- Sanitize with hot water and bleach solution.
- Air dry- never wipe dry toys or surfaces.
- For larger hard toys-set up 3 bucket system outside on the playground in clean and sanitized sensory tables.
- Wipe down tables and chairs with Clorox wipes or use soapy water and spray with bleach water.
- Use Clorox wipes lightly on books.
- Wash all soft toys on sanitize setting.
- Sanitize floors with a mop and hot light bleach water solution.
- Mats should be hand washed with hot water, dried then sprayed with a bleach solution to sanitize.
- When organizing cabinets please throw out or donate anything we do not need, if we could still use it please leave it neatly in the lounge and we will find a place for it when organized.
I know that as we continue to go through these questionable times you may feel anxious or nervous about the days ahead, know that these feelings are completely normal and expected. Also know that you ARE NOT ALONE. Whether it is here among your Living Springs Lutheran Church Child Development Center Family, your family at home, your extended friends and family outside the home, your own church family or wherever else you find yourself gathering strength, God is walking WITH US, He is seeing us THROUGH this and we WILL make it to the other side. Things are the same as they have always been it just looks a little different right now.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to via Remind, email, text or ask Asia to send me an email. I will be working from home as we maneuver through this conflicting time.
Please know that we are doing our best to care for our families, staff and one another as we navigate this. Please stay safe and be well!