1. ROOM ARRANGMENT AND PREPARATION: Maintain an inviting physical environment which fosters optimum growth and development.
2. DAILY RECORD KEEPING AND PLANNING: Inform parents of the specifies of each child’s day.
3. ADHERENCE TO LSLCCDC/ASC’S WRITTEN POLICIES: Read, understand and follow all written policies.
4. INTERACTION WITH CHILDREN: Provide positive interactions appropriate for emotional, spiritual, social and intellectual development.
5. PARENT COMMUNICATION AND INVOLVMENT: Inform and welcome as observers and contributors to the program.
6. PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: Improve knowledge and skills related to early childhood development.
7. PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR: Maintain a professional, positive and helpful attitude.
8. EVALUTION: Participate in an annual evaluation and goalsetting to identify strengths and weakness of the program and to specify program goals for the year.
CO-TEACHERS AND FLOATERS
- Ability and desire to increase understanding of child growth and development.
- Ability to role model for children, volunteers and parents.
- Ability to apply an understanding of developmental levels to activities.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One or more courses in child growth and development preferred.
- Prior experience working with young children preferred.